Designed for managers and supervisors, this interactive session will provide a high-level review of the elements and requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Details & Benefits of Fair Labor Standards Act Training
Key Learning Points:
- Discuss what the FLSA requires and doesn’t require
- Understand the distinction between employees and independent contractors
- Discuss the classification of employees (i.e., exempt and nonexempt)
- Discuss FLSA rules for compensatory time, minimum wage, improper deductions, safe harbor, and child labor provisions and protections
- Understand “hours worked” requirement
- Review calculation of overtime
- Review of “work week” requirement
- Review of: waiting time, on-call time, travel time, and training time
- Consider the implications of meals and other break periods
- Consider the implications of telecommuting
- Review requirements for records keeping, enforcement, employee complaints, and investigation of claims
- Understand the enforcement of FLSA
- Review of common FLSA mistakes
What are the options for delivering this training?
ERC delivers FLSA training in a variety of methods, including in webinar format or at your organization. Check out the full details of our delivery methods below.
- At ERC
- At Your Organization
- Train the Trainer