HR Essentials for 2024 (In-Person)
March 12 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$595.00
HR Essentials for 2024
Whether someone is new to human resources or seeks to enhance or refresh their knowledge and understanding, this one-day workshop provides a comprehensive overview of the HR function.
While HR practitioners often learn on the job, this course will help prepare you in advance. The critical components of HR are presented in an engaging format facilitated by one of ERC’s credentialed HR Consultants.
HR Essentials for 2024 teaches HR practitioners the skills and knowledge they need to keep their organization in compliance and implement HR initiatives that drive business outcomes and employee engagement.
This consultative program begins with foundational human resources knowledge and skills and then digs deeper into critical HR compliance awareness and application. Throughout the day, participants will learn about workplace requirements, the employee journey, U.S. employment laws, and much more!
Our instructors are experienced HR practitioners who share tips and tricks, real-life examples and situations, and practical solutions. Participants learn from one another and end the course with tools they can apply right away.
Join us for a comprehensive, practical HR overview!
- Foundational Employment Laws
- Talent Acquisition & Onboarding Practices
- Trends in Performance Management
- Discipline & Termination
- Employee Recordkeeping Compliance
- Overview of Benefits Law
- Engagement & Retention Efforts
- Strategic HR Opportunities
Employment Laws You Need to Know
The Fair Labor Standards Act and Wage & Hour Compliance:
- FLSA coverage
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- Overtime calculations
- Compensable Time nuances
- Exempt or Non-Exempt classification
- Permissible Deductions from Exempt Pay
- Recordkeeping Requirements
The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA):
- FMLA Notice Requirements
- Employee Eligibility
- “Serious Health Condition”
- Evaluating Medical Certification
- Practical solutions for common scenarios
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
- What an Employer Must do to Comply With the ADA
- What is a Reasonable Accommodation
- Interactive Process & Support Tools
Are you an ERC Member? Members get 10% off with coupon code: ERCMEMBER10
This course has been approved for 6 SHRM continuing education credits.