Supervisory Boot Camp (In-Person)
July 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$525
Are you among the many who’ve had to hire and promote new supervisors this year? If so, this one-day Supervisory Boot Camp is the solution for you!
It’s an introduction to supervision, designed for those who’ve received little to no formal training. Throughout the day, participants will learn several critical skills, including how to make the transition from individual contributor to supervisor; how to recognize, understand, appreciate, and adjust to communication style differences, how to manage conflict appropriately, and how to manage employee performance effectively.
This one-of-a-kind boot camp includes everything supervisors need, including tips and tricks, real-life examples and situations, practical solutions, sharing and learning with peers, and takeaways they can use right away. Employee engagement research tells us training and developing employees is one of the best ways to retain them. So, register your supervisors today and set them up for success – yours and theirs!
Role of the Supervisor
1. Attributes of successful supervisors
2. Relationship between successful supervision and trust
3. Roles and responsibilities of a supervisor as a leader
4. Transition from individual contributor to supervisor
5. Common challenges faced by supervisors
1. Meaningful communication as a supervisor
2. Importance of building relationships and rapport with others
3. Influences of body language and tone of voice on verbal communication
4. Active listening skills
5. Social style awareness and how to adapt to others’ styles for more effective communication
1. Definitions of conflict, benefits, and consequences
2. Costs and causes of conflict
3. Conflict management styles
4. Strategies to manage and more positively resolve conflict
5. Practical tools for dealing with challenging people, challenging situations, and dysfunctional conflict
Managing Employee Performance
1. The Performance Management Cycle and Partnership
2. SMART goals for effective performance evaluation
3. Effective and meaningful feedback practices
4. SIMPLE system for documenting and tracking performance
5. Strategies for delivering an evaluation
Are you an ERC Member? Members get 10% off with coupon code ERCMEMBER10.